To set up Google Assistant on your Sony Android TV, you'll need your device connected to Wi-Fi and powered on. See our guide on setting up Sony Android TV if you need assistance. You'll be prompted to set up Google Assistant on your Sony Android TV after setting up your Android TV, but you can conveniently skip this step or return to it.
Here are all of the steps of setting up Google Assistant on Sony Android TV.
1. Select the gear icon of select “Settings” to open the settings menu.
2. Select the “Accounts & Sign In” option.
3. Select “Sign In and decide” whether to use your phone or computer, or the remote to log into Google. If you have a phone or a PC nearby, this process may be faster, but you can just as easily use your remote as long as you know your account credentials.
4. Phone/Computer Setup: Go to androidtv.com/setup on your device and make sure your device is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your TV. Enter the code displayed on your device and follow the instructions to sign in.
5. Remote setup: Enter your Gmail and password to set up Google Assistant on your Sony Android TV.
Now that you're signed in to your Google account, your Sony TV should appear on your list of Google Home devices. You'll be able to integrate it into a smart home workflow with Google Assistant or control additional Google Home devices from your remote.
Sony TV voice remote controls
The Sony Bravia voice remote makes navigation a breeze. Its long and slim design is comfortable to use and appreciates Netflix-specific launchers and the Google Play library.
When it comes to Google Assistant on Sony TVs, you should know that there is a microphone status light opposite the power button that tells you if Google Assistant is active or not. Not only is this an important security feature of your Sony TV voice remote, but it also lets you know when the Google Assistant is ready to take on your queries.
The Google Assistant is also very helpful when it comes to letting you know the weather, current traffic, and any small questions that might pop up while you're on the couch. In addition, you can request recommendations and showtimes, and change the volume of your set. Through this article, we hope that you already know How to set up Google Assistant on Sony Android TV.